Kofax plc (LSE: KFX), the leading provider of document driven business process automation solutions, announced a new release of Kofax Communication Server (KCS), which automates the receipt, exchange and output of business critical information between applications, devices and people. KCS 9.0 features new capabilities that improve the integration of inbound and outbound communications to reduce the manual, slow and error prone processes typically associated with the receipt and transmission of large volumes of documents, messages or other communications.
"The new capabilities we've added to KCS 9.0 extend its abilities as the most scalable and flexible enterprise communication platform offered on the market today," said Jim Nicol, Executive Vice President of Products at Kofax. "KCS 9.0 delivers the most dependable and efficient communications platform for automating and accelerating business processes, and can virtually plug into a customer's existing systems without requiring additional infrastructure investments. As such, the total system cost of ownership is significantly reduced while substantially improving system capabilities and performance."
KCS coordinates and performs the automated exchange of business information by integrating inbound and outbound communication channels. It links devices such as multifunction peripherals (MFPs) and phone systems using media types such as email, fax, SMS, MMS, voice mail and telex with applications from SAP, IBM, Kofax and other software providers. With KCS, organizations can exchange information in the formats most appropriate for their customers and partners, enable intelligent routing, and track the flow of information for compliance and other purposes.
New features in KCS 9.0 include:
- Enhanced Web Service Interfaces: KCS 9.0's Web Monitoring Interface (WMI) provides easy access to message monitoring, alerting and tracking features, including the monitoring of application and message servers, channels and queues. Such new WMI functionalities are provided via Web services to facilitate integration with various enterprise applications. In addition, the existing Web service interface has been enhanced to provide more functionality to access, send and receive messages.
- Native Kofax Capture Integration: A new integration module now provides a transactional connection between Kofax Capture and KCS 9.0. In addition, the easy-to-use graphical user interface accelerates installation and configuration.
- Full Microsoft System Support: KCS 9.0 offers seamless integration into Microsoft Exchange 2010 environments, and all supported server components, such as the server and link packages, are supported on Windows 2008 R2. Also supported are client applications needed for administrative purposes and Hyper-V, Microsoft's virtualization system able to run multiple operating systems on one host computer, which is included with the Windows 2008 server operating system.
- Improved Backup and Recovery Capabilities: KCS 9.0 provides a new backup and recovery application for configuration, user and message data and scheduling functions allow users to make regular backups.
- Next-Generation IP Support: IPv6 is the next generation of Internet protocol (IP) communication and KCS 9.0 supports IPv6 for the KCS core server, FoIP, its client applications and SMTP-based links.
- New System Certifications: KCS 9.0 is now certified for SAP and Cisco IP PABXs.
Kofax Communication Server 9.0 is available now. For more information, go to www.kofax.com/business-communication-software.
Kofax plc (LSE: KFX) is the leading provider of document driven business process automation solutions. For more than 20 years, Kofax has provided award winning solutions that streamline the flow of information throughout an organization by managing the capture, transformation and exchange of business critical information arising in paper, fax and electronic formats in a more accurate, timely and cost effective manner. For more information, visit www.kofax.comwww.kofax.com.