Leveraging the capabilities of its innovative multifunction product (MFP) portfolio, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging, announces the availability of the uniFLOW v5 Fleet Management Solution. Offering a modular design and emphasis on enhancing document security, uniFLOW v5 is an ideal solution for IT managers requiring an easy-to-integrate tool that offers a strong level of control over networked -environments seeking to streamline fleet management.
"Offering expanded deployment options and global scalability, uniFLOW v5 facilitates enterprise-level control of document management costs associated with office workflow processes," said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A.
uniFLOW v5 offers a number of new features developed to facilitate management of MFP and printer fleets, as well as improve document security and workflow capabilities including:
- Third-Party Device Support: uniFLOW v5 extends third-party device support through the availability of popular functionality such as secure print, copy tracking and card authentication for several non-Canon models ensuring that customers can easily manage mixed-print fleets.
- Canon MEAP and non-MEAP devices: uniFLOW v5 natively integrates with Canon Multifunctional Embedded Application Platform (MEAP) devices, such as its imageRUNNER ADVANCE series, and allows businesses to implement a secure print solution to non-MEAP enabled Canon MFPs, without the need to install additional hardware, boosting document security across the entire fleet. Examples of non-MEAP enabled Canon devices with uniFLOW integration are the imageRUNNER 2500 series and Color imageRUNNER C1030.
- microMIND: NT-ware's microMIND is a cost-effective hardware solution that supports card authentication and simple, secure job release on Single Function Printers (SFP) and third-party devices.
- Global Workflows: Advanced function for network administrators enabling the rapid administration of printers in large fleet deployments. Customized workflows developed by IT departments can be pushed to an organization's entire fleet.
- Workflow Elements: uniFLOW v5 introduces "decision-based" workflow objects, allowing several workflows to be executed, through a simple workflow editing tool, based on pre-defined conditions enabling seamless and flexible setup for IT administrators.
- SQL Connector for Import/Export of Data: New task-based application allowing greater customization of back-end functions including importation of cost centre and other essential data directly into accounting and management systems.
- Universal Driver Enhancements: uniFLOW Universal Driver has been enhanced to support Booklet printing mode.
- Advanced Scanning Workflow: A dynamic scanning solution is introduced in uniFLOW v5, which offers optical character recognition (OCR), barcode recognition, document conversion/compression and integrates natively with, among others, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint and several other DMS solutions
- Enhanced Document Security: uniFLOW v5 integrates with imageWARE Secure Audit Manager to provide a new level of security of documents in an organization. imageWARE Secure Audit Manager and uniFLOW v5 can be used in combination to both help deter and prevent any unauthorized scanning or duplication of hardcopy or digital documents and to quickly identify unauthorized disclosure of confidential information
uniFLOW v5 is now available through Canon Authorized Dealers with scanning workflow and security capabilities being introduced in early 2011. Canon's Professional Services organization and Canon Authorized Dealers can assist customers in determining how uniFLOW v5 can best be deployed to enhance fleet management in their particular environment. Pricing varies depending on the size and scope of the implementation.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked fourth overall in the U.S. in 2009, with global revenues of US $35 billion and is listed as number six in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies 2010 list. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., visit www.usa.canon.com/rss.