Open Text Corporation (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), a global leader in enterprise content management (ECM), announced the release of Vignette Content Management 8, an enterprise-scale web content management solution that gives marketers broad new capabilities to use the Web as a strategic force to drive campaigns, customer conversion and loyalty, and ultimately profitability.
Built on more than 10 years of experience in managing the world's most sophisticated websites, Vignette Content Management 8 introduces a new ergonomic design that makes it easy for business users to create websites, microsites and landing pages on-demand, while staying within branding and technical guidelines. The ergonomic design caters to specific personas in marketing or other departments, providing tools, designs and other resources based on their roles. This critical functionality brings speed and flexibility to marketing teams -- a new level of agility that can make the difference in competitive efforts to reach customers via the Web.
"Successful enterprises embrace the Web as a critical component of revenue generation, and to provide an interactive and immersive experience that connects with customers," said James Latham, Chief Marketing Officer of Open Text. "Vignette Content Management 8 brings together the enterprise-class capabilities customers need to gain the full value of the Web. The solution offers leading capabilities that deliver engaging, personalized content populated by video, rich media and social interaction. Its flexibility and ease of use helps marketers be more effective, allowing them to focus on the message - not the tools."
With a focus on brand consistency and time-to-market, many marketing teams need a Web content management solution that empowers efficient communications with target audiences while managing message consistency across a complex series of websites, fueled by diverse audiences, languages and contributors. Vignette Content Management 8 offers a simple way to create and manage Web experiences by streamlining the management of Web layouts and structures. This includes page management, site and navigation management, content production, taxonomy and task management.
Adopt, and Adapt
To help customers overcome the cumbersome and costly migration, training and adoption issues often found in enterprise software upgrades, Vignette Content Management 8 has been specifically designed to help users move easily to the new interface at their own pace. Users have the option of continuing to use their familiar interface or to adapt to the new interface as needed. Called Compatibility mode, the feature's progressive upgrade options minimize training costs, risk and impact to ongoing operations.
Cultivated from consumer and customer influences and years of delivering the world's leading websites to the most demanding companies, Vignette Content Management 8 drew additional inspiration from best practices realized by Open Text. New features include:
Marketing Promotions: Vignette Content Management 8 enables marketers to use their website and content designs to improve the effectiveness of campaigns, promotions, and events.
- Assign search engine compatible vanity URLs to specific pages, or navigation channels.
- Leverage site templating capabilities to quickly generate microsites for promotions or events.
- Establish seasonal or event-specific designs when and where applicable in a consistent manner.
- Add content contextually within the website.
- Work with rich media and social media assets to enhance the engagement experience of the site.
Content Presentation: Vignette Content Management 8 deploys new sites in minutes, creates new pages with one click and allows users to easily maintain pages with its personalized in-context editing environment. Relying on this, users can:
- Create new sites from site templates derived from their existing implementations, clone existing sites or launch a sample site with out-of-the-box content type, workflow and presentation assets.
- Have a site running and populated immediately following installation.
- Apply graphical themes, page and region layouts to pages, channels or whole sites.
- Browse content in contextual, multidimensional workspaces by site, content type, folder, category or explorer views.
Adaptable Content Authoring: Vignette Content Management 8 offers a user-friendly console, branded themes and preferences that empower its content owners to easily create and manage Web content while automatically adjusting to day-to-day authoring preferences. This enables users to:
- Edit pages and content with a zero pop-up experience and non-intrusive toolbar
- Improve productivity with contextual views that present information users need - when and where they need it
- Publish in just one click
Vignette Content Management 8 is part of the Open Text ECM suite and complements Open Text's broad range of leading ECM functionality. For demonstrations and more information, visit: www.vignette.com/v8.