Cloud-based document management solutions are the best alternative to accommodate the mobile workforce. The real key in cloud is mobility, empowering users to leverage a unified central repository where all key data is securely stored. This means the cloud-based document management system you choose must offer:
- Security Infrastructure: Guaranteeing electronic content is even more secure than typical paper storage is a top priority. Core security techniques such as geo-replication, redundancy and user/departmental security permissions are “must-have” features.
- Search and Retrieval: Ensure you can review and access all data from a single location through most popular mobile devices, such as iPhone, iPad, Android or tablets.
- Granular Search Functionality: Critical in ability to search via contact names, folders and keywords–turning document retrieval into a “no brainer.” The power to tag descriptions further eases identification and sorting.
- User Permissions: The focus on permissions provides the power to lock-down who can see what–and when. As project teams often expand and contract, the chosen solution must enable and disable access on-the-fly.
- Enhanced Analytics: Ensure the solution empowers workflow management driven by customized reports on users, folders, and clients.
- Easy Integration/Interoperability: That is accessible via core systems, such as CRM, enables bottlenecks and weak links to be quickly identified as the system automates the entire workflow process.
- Integrated Scanning: Beware of attempts to fit incompatible scanning on the front end. It’s all about ease-of-use and streamlining processes–so the solution must deliver mobile and zonal Optical Character Recognition (OCR) scanning, barcode and key word recognition.