With the continuing adoption of high-speed check transport technology by financial institutions, utilities and other companies that handle large volumes of checks, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in advanced digital imaging, introduced the imageFORMULA CR-190i High-Volume Check Transport. Containing a number of new features and functional capabilities, the new product provides a flexible, high-performance, production-level check processing platform that delivers Canon's extraordinary image quality in an efficient, countertop design.
"Canon is pleased to launch the imageFORMULA CR-190i High-Volume check transport, an advanced production-level check processing platform," said Jim Rosetta, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. "Offering a combination of precision image technology and reliable paper handling, the CR-190i is an ideal solution for organizations seeking to improve access to funds, reduce costs and increase flexibility in applications such as remittance processing, lockbox and branch capture."
Key features of the imageFORMULA CR-190i include:
- High-Performance — The CR-190i runs at a top speed of 190 checks-per-minute, while simultaneously reading Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) code-line data, capturing and processing images, imprinting endorsements and sorting documents into output pockets.
- High-Volume Production Capacities — With a suggested daily volume of up to 24,000 items, the CR-190i comes standard with a high-capacity 250-item Auto Feeder, which allows for on-the-fly addition of checks while the device is actively scanning. Two, 200-item Eject Pockets are also included, which can be used individually or combined to create one large eject pocket, with output checks "waterfalling" or alternating fill between each physical eject pocket, for increased output capacity as required. The 200-item Eject Pockets are supplemented with an additional 50-item pocket for three-way MICR-based sorting.
- Extraordinary Image Quality and Precision MICR Reading — Equipped with Canon's advanced image processing technologies, including Fine Text Filtering, Auto Size Detection and Deskew, the CR-190i reliably captures clear, high quality images — including those from hard-to-scan items — at up to 300 dpi. The hardware-based MICR reading is complemented by an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) algorithm for the highest possible MICR decoding accuracy.
- Ultra-reliable Feeding and Error Detection — Featuring an advanced paper handling mechanism, the CR-190i offers smooth, jam-free feeding of a wide variety of "real-world" items in the same batch, including business checks, personal checks and thick checks such as rebate check cards, deposit and withdrawal slips, coupons, tickets and envelopes. And with new, high-precision Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection, mis-feed errors are detected ensuring reliable batch processing.
- Built-in Multi-Line Imprinter and Dynamic Endorsement — The CR-190i can imprint ustomizable endorsement information in up to four lines of text, which is then captured on the mages. The endorsement information for each check can be changed on-the-fly by the application software, based upon the MICR code-line data of the same item.
The imageFORMULA CR-190i Check Transport also meets ENERGY STAR Program guidelines for energy efficiency and complies with the RoHS and WEEE directives for reduction of hazardous substances and waste products.
The new imageFORMULA CR-190i joins Canon's already robust lineup of check transport products, including the imageFORMULA CR-25 and CR-55 Compact Check Transports and the CR-180II High-Volume Check Transport. It will be available next month through all authorized Canon resellers for a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $3,495.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked fourth overall in the U.S. in 2009, with global revenues of US $35 billion, is listed as number four in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies 2009 list, and is on the 2009 BusinessWeek list of "100 Best Global Brands." To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., visit www.usa.canon. com.